Assistant Designer - Footwear
Earth OpCo, LLC (â€œEarth Shoesâ€ or â€œEarthâ€) is seeking a driven Junior Footwear Designer. You will work alongside the Design and Development team in a very hands-on role, assisting during all stages of the design and development process. This is great opportunity for an eager individual who is looking to grow in their career and build on their design skills.
Earth mindfully designs, crafts and manufactures shoes that are good for you and good for the planet. We're always researching, improving & evolving â€“ never standing still. We care about our home â€“ our planet â€“ and believe that the path to wellness includes making quality footwear made to last, while making the earth a healthier place for all.
At Earth, we've focused on becoming the preferred employer for a diverse crew of like-minded and talented individuals. Finding incredible opportunities is simply part of the atmosphere, and our employees take full advantage in the endless pursuit of adventure and innovation.
Our brands include Earth Origins, Earth Elements and Kalso. To learn more about us, please visit us at https://earthshoes.com/pages/about
Title: Junior Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
Location: Norwood, MA
- Creating and recoloring footwear CADs.
- Designing prints and motifs for footwear.
- Trend research and trend translation for creation of seasonal mood boards/presentations.
- Supporting designers and product team in all aspects of design; including specs, tech packs, line sheets and market research.
- Assisting in organization and maintenance of material and sample library.
- Sample coordination and ensure all samples get where they need to go. Own and track all sample shipments via a tracker.
- Collecting the Merchandising Booking report from the previous season.
- Special customer projects.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Design degree in footwear or accessories related categories.
- 1-3 years of experience in footwear field. Strong internships are accepted.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with various projects/customers.
- Ability to work out of our Norwood, MA office on a regular, hybrid basis.
- Passion for the footwear industry.
- Light travel to our NYC showroom as needed.
Powered by JazzHR