Assistant Designer - Girls
Title: Assistant Designer
Reports to: Senior Designer, Girls Wovens
Overview: To assist with Sr. Designer in all aspects of execution of seasonal product, as well as assist Design Director of Girls Wovens, Sweaters, and Swim.
- Work closely with Senior Designer & Design Director to create seasonal design concepts & product through inspiration research and sketching for Girls Wovens’ categories and Girls Swim & Sweaters.
- Prepare and maintain digital presentation boards in Adobe Illustrator
- Help to create and maintain PLM style linesheet for design categories
- Assists in research of seasonal trends, silhouettes, fabrics, and trims, as well as new and innovative ideas to help elevate the product
- Work with Technical Design each season in preparing technical design cards
- Work regularly with Production team to maintain design integrity while balancing business needs throughout production process each season.
- Work regularly with Merchandising team to maintain design concept from season’s start to finish
- Work with Fabric Research & Development team to develop new fabrications each season, as well as maintain fabric linesheet in PLM, and assist with sending fabric orders to the Fabric R&D team.
- 0-2 years Design experience, some prior work experience in Womens or Kids design preferred
- Apparel Design degree
- Strong Adobe Illustrator Skills - Technical sketching ability (flat and illustration)
- Demonstrated creative sense and ability
- Excellent sense of color and print/pattern cohesion
- Trend/fashion awareness
- Working knowledge of garment construction, garment measurements/specs, and trim measurement
- Self-directed with strong work ethic
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented
- Good follow through, sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Strong written and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to do creative, focused visual presentations
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM, Microsoft Word and Excel
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.