Assistant Designer, Girls
Hybrid’s humble beginnings started in 1997 in the back of a print shop designing, selling, and printing tee shirts. Today, Hybrid is a global apparel industry powerhouse in brand and licensing management. Hybrid provides its expertise and fully vertical operations capability – design, merchandising, development, sourcing, production, and distribution – to a broad suite of branded, licensed, generic, and private label partners. Hybrid’s full-service apparel design and manufacturing expertise extends across the apparel category, including knits, woven tops, bottoms, tees, and accessories.
As our organization has evolved, so has our philosophy of doing business. We have made concerted efforts to remove ourselves from the antiquated approach of other apparel manufacturers and doing things differently has been our focus. We are building a company ethos that breeds innovation, collaboration, integrity and excellence in customer service.
What is my role?
As an Assistant Designer, you will be responsible for providing support to the design team to execute presentations and samples.
What You’ll Do
- Support team with presentations
- Draw/sketch silhouettes in Adobe Illustrator and manipulating photos for photoreal presentations
- Tag, photograph, and ship samples
- Create swatch cards/swatch rings
- Set up data and styles in PLM system; BOM for both development and production
- Prepare art for printing, request in system, size art, callout art colors on art CADs
- Assist in coding art and revisions of CADs
- Assist in day-to-day projects including filing, organizing, maintain fabric and color books, etc.
- Maintain the flow of samples leaving and returning into Design room
- Maintain awareness of design calendar and help supervisor manage deadlines
- Learn and understand the basics of the development process
What You’ll Need
- Previous experience on a Design team, with focus on Toddler/Girls/Tween apparel
- 2 or 4 year college degree in Fashion Design, Merchandising, Textiles, Fine Art or related field
- Portfolio Required
- Strong sense of color, style, and trend
- Extremely proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Garment construction & fabric knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Hybrid Apparel is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cypress, CA 90630: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your desired compensation?
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location