Assistant Designer Hardlines Plush
Support the Plush teams in the development of specific projects and able to manage a small single category when needed. Assists teams to ensure the highest quality, consumer focused, trend-right Plush product lines across all channels of distribution (licensing, flex business models, vertical and wholesale) that build brand equity and meet financial targets.
- Develop product concepts through final design sheets, including full character turn-a-round layouts and color calls.
- Layout creative presentations, and retail pitch decks
- Collaborate with design manager to design and approve products
- Coordinate product submissions for creative reviews and approvals with design team
- Manage product and market samples
- Implement product and licensed packaging approvals through online systems and collaborative approval meetings.
- Ensure high quality standards in character execution, in-depth storytelling, color, material, form and function while maximizing profitability.
- Concept, sketch, design plush ideas to provide and present trend-right consumer centric product lines that feature market-leading innovation and great price/value for each tier of the value pyramid
- Monitor competitors, product innovation and market dynamics
- Research Initial seasonal and market trends
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple design projects within deadline
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (e.g. industrial design, toy design, fashion design) or equivalent work experience
- Entry level related experience
- Knowledge in hardlines/softlines categories (e.g. raw materials, plastic, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition, manufacturing)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Product design skills (e.g. 3D product design, sketching, creative application and manipulation of art, final mechanical art, fabric and trim identification)
- Computer software skills (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Additional Information :
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This job is located in Orlando, FL.