Assistant Designer (Home) Print, Stationary & Accessories
A unique opportunity has arisen to join our fantastic Home division within gifting, wall art and stationary!
- Passion & experience researching & identifying new & commercial trends & opportunities in Wall art and gifting which could include art, stationary, cards & wrap.
- Excellent presentation standards for mood boards that are clear and have creative flair
- Supporting the creation of cohesive and coordinated design looks across Next Home and giftware
- Passion for design
- Designing for all Next customer styles
- Excellent free hand drawing & CAD skills, Adobe
- Create clear findings and actions from inspirational shopping
- Excellent hit rate - design to sample & design to sales
- Updating core & volume lines
- Work within the trading needs of the business, identify & designing into new opportunities from trade across the business
- Extensive market and aspirational brand knowledge
- Wide understanding of customer styles, using the guidelines to challenge & stretch product opportunities
- In depth knowledge and experience designing stationery, cards, wrap and wall art.
- Liaise with suppliers on design, product and development, ensuring that products match initial design specification
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to stakeholders
- Good communication skills, clear, concise and dynamic
- Excellent influencing & negotiating skills
- Accomplished range building skills, challenging and balancing newness and commerciality
- Experience managing others in a team
- Qualified to degree or equivalent
- Extensive gifting and stationary design experience preferably gained in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Illustratration and drawing skills
- Knowledge of type
- Experience designing on different paper/card/canvas products
- Considerable product development / travel experience
- Passion, enthusiasm, curiosity, resilience & confidence
You know Next, but did you know we're a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We're the UK's 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we're the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it's now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we've gone global!
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria's Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking