Assistant Designer - Hybrid
We don't just sell cutting-edge fashion and accessories, we create it. Our talented fashion design team — the Nordstrom Product Group — develops, designs, produces and sources 50-plus private Nordstrom labels. From traditional to trendy, this team is shaping the styles and looks our customer love.
A day in the life…
- Assist the Design team to prep for key milestones
- Assist Design Director with buy meeting prep
- Plan, facilitate and/or execute assigned design projects
- Support the Design Director with preparation of the trend report
- Collaborate with design team and cross-divisional partners
- Research trends and competitive brands
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in Design
- Strong college portfolio and/or CV resume
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently or as a team
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Adobe CS and ability to hand-sketch. Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and systems
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs and your availability.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.