Assistant Designer, Intimates
Assistant Designer, Intimates
About Bombas:Bombas is a comfort focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
Clickhereto see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran status, race, religion and sexual orientation. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we'll welcome you to the Hive.Based on the specific needs and job requirements, this role will be working out of our Bombas HQ in New York City.About the Job:We are looking for a creative, organized and self-motivated team player to join our Product Design Team as our Assistant Designer, Intimates, reporting directly to our Designer, Intimates. The ideal candidate is passionate about pursuing a career in intimates, with 0-1 years of total design experience. This is an opportunity to learn what goes on behind-the-scenes in growing a new category and advance your professional and creative skills. More importantly, this is an opportunity to apply your skill set to a product that is near and dear to the Bombas' mission and will directly benefit those in need.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Sketching into new styles and colors under direction of Designer.
- Assist with the creation of custom artwork for prints, lace, and seamless knits.
- Drawing technical flats, and construction callouts in Adobe Illustrator.
- Own creation and updates of tech packs in Centric PLM.
- Request and approve lab dips and artwork submissions, maintain raw materials library.
- Attend fittings and track changes.
- Sit-in on underwear meetings and stay up to date on current strategy.
- Actively pursuing design as a career path, with a passion or interest in Men's and/or Women's underwear and intimate apparel.
- Up to date on market trends and brands to watch.
- Flexible and able to handle shifting priorities and responsibilities as the team grows.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back.
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up.
- Comfortable staying focused while working in an open office or remote environment.
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% employer paid health, medical and dental benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- 0-1 years of total design experience, passionate about pursuing a career in Intimates.
- Commercial eye for design
- Fundamental technical understanding of construction, fabric and fit.
- Interest in better understanding product life cycle and supply-chain.
- Basic proficiency in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience in PLM/PDM a plus!
- Degree or Certification in Fashion Design or related field, preferred.