Assistant Designer, Intimates - PINK
Individual contributor responsible for assisting with the creation of commercially viable product designs
across collections. Coordinate and deliver brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and
business strategy; encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines. Applies a
solid working knowledge of fashion trends and consumer needs to product designs. Demonstrates a
passion for the brand, inspires individuals and relies on limited experience to plan and accomplish goals.
Takes direction under immediate supervision, exercising a minimal degree of scope/decision making.
Reports to Manager level of above and no direct reports.
- Assists in the creation of brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
- Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, fit and fabric.
- Deliver design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications.
- Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization.
- Apply processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs.
- Utilize resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and stay up to date on competitor research/trend analysis.
- Collaborate and follow-up on deliverables with vendors and key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Marketing, and Product Development.
- Brainstorm and present ideas to team.
- Prepare materials for meetings and presentations and coordinate logistics.
- Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues.
- Pursue/embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills/competencies.
- Build and maintain effective relations with key partners.
- Seek to improve process in order to deliver efficiently with speed/agility.
- Meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence.
- Exceptional talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance.
- Customer service philosophy.
- Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Understand how to motivate and develop talent.
- Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility.
- Flexible and creative problem solver.
- Personal professionalism and accountability.
- Moderate domestic travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- Entry level with some design experience in a comparable retail environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Adobe Creative Cloud Proficiency
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.