Assistant Designer, Knit Tops (White House Black Market)
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for assisting with the creation and developing product for assigned category or categories from start to finish, as well as support the design team to execute the seasonal concept direction, line plan style development, adhering to margin requirements, and timely completion of product.
- Assists design team in creating the product collections at the beginning of each season.
- Prepares development creative packages under direction of the senior designer and/or designer.
- Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Prepares design tech packs.
- Prepares for seasonal product review meetings.
- Shops monthly to compile market research to gain understanding of brand and stays abreast of trends both directional and at a retail level, including, but not limited to brick & mortar and online research.
- Maintains awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
- May prepare design tech packs.
- May Prepare for seasonal product review meetings.
- May attend development fit sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- High School or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years’ experience in the apparel design industry
- Strong sketching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external partners
- Strong sense and passion for print, pattern and details that make the brand and product unique
- Affinity for working in a team environment
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Excel, and Word
- InDesign experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. Apply Now