Assistant Designer, Knits- Dockers
JOB DESCRIPTIONPAGE-BREAKYou’re an original. So are we. PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAK PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAKWe’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world. PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAK PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAKWhere we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™ PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAKRole and ResponsibilitiesSupport and contribute to the daily function of the Dockers® Design Team. The individual in this role must be creative, curious, organized, agile, and show initiative. A good sense of garment construction, fit, color, proportion, fabric, and marketplace trends are essential. Fluency in adobe creative suite, as well as the ability and enthusiasm for all things digital and presentation are a must.
- Contribute to the development of seasonal design platforms and concepts by identifying consumer relevant opportunities through market research
- Support cut and sew knits and sweaters category and contribute to seasonal concept direction and collection cohesion
- Sketch and create Technical Packs to be handed to the Product Development team.
- Manage and update Tech Packs to ensure all information is accurate and up to date
- Create and manage BOMs in FlexPLM
- Attend Fittings and track and note all changes and communicate to team
- Organize and maintain, all samples and design tools including competitor sample racks, fabric handlooms, color requests, product mock-up requests, etc.
- Some Domestic travel for market research
- Brief and track sundry approvals.
- Support daily communication across cross functional team as needed
- Ask effective questions and solicit feedback to understand needs Qualifications and Education RequirementsPOINTER-MARK Bachelor's Degree in Art or Design – related field. Preference for fashion majorsPAGE-BREAKPOINTER-MARK 2-4 years’ experience in an apparel design firm responsible for like-tasksPAGE-BREAKPOINTER-MARK Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, CLO, Microsoft Office PAGE-BREAKPOINTER-MARK Excellent attention to detail PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAKPreferred SkillsPOINTER-MARK Detail oriented, process focused and good communicator PAGE-BREAKPOINTER-MARK Willingness to learn, ideate and participate in new ways of working PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAKAdditional NotesPAGE-BREAKCurrently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process. PAGE-BREAKPAGE-BREAKEOE M/F/Disability/VetsPAGE-BREAKLOCATIONSan Francisco, CA, USAFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull timeCurrent LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.