Assistant Designer - LOFT/Lou & Grey
KnitWell Group, a specialty retail operating company, comprises some of the most iconic brands in America – Ann Taylor, LOFT, Lane Bryant, and Talbots. Individually, our brands are unique and strong. Together, we are powerful.
Our common thread is our commitment to create exceptional products, provide memorable experiences, and achieve superior results. Our associates are innovators who thrive through collaboration and are dedicated to excellence. At the heart of it all are the customers we serve. We are dedicated to creating fashion that not only looks good but also makes our customers feel good.
About The PositionThe Assistant Designer for Lou & Grey / Knits assists the Design team with the execution of seasonal collections, fabrications and colors that maintain the brand identity. Assists in the development, concept, and design of the product line. Prepares Line Review presentation materials, concept boards, fabric and color boards and flat sketches. Embodies the company's Values & Practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships, taking pride in the company and brand, embracing diversity in all facets of the position and representing a hunger for knowledge and responsibility.
- Assists in identifying seasonal fashion direction, merchandise trends and client needs for the area of responsibility.
- Researches competitive markets
- Assists in the preparation of design specification sheets, both flat and technical sketches, pitch sheets and trim sheets.
- Contributes to conceptualization and implementation of the line; Prepares presentation boards highlighting fabric, flats, and figure sketches; Assists in set up of all Spectrum and Concept presentations
- Participates in line assortment building and line presentations with the goal of creating a cohesive and exciting collection.
- Assists in research and development for trims and print and pattern.
- Attends all style fittings and provides input/feedback as necessary; Keeps detailed notes from all fittings.
- Maintains product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library.
- Facilitates and administers interoffice communication
- Adheres to cross-functional calendar and attends meetings as required
- Builds collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Interfaces professionally and works effectively in group settings
- Handle other responsibilities or projects, as assigned
- Follow up on outstanding development and production issues.
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent in Design
- 1-2 years’ experience in Design
- Creativity and enthusiasm for fashion
- Proficient in Procreate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, and all other Microsoft Office Applications
- Interest and prior experience in knit, lounge, activewear, outerwear and woven categories
- Strong sketching and illustration ability
- Ability to identify color and fashion trends
- Ability to anticipate workload and take action.
- Knowledge of design specifications, i.e. draping, pattern making, sewing and CAD software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills
The target salary for this role is: $26.44/hr.
Actual compensation within that range is influenced by a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, level of experience, and other job-related factors.
Location:Times Square Tower-ANN-New York, NY 10036
Position TypeRegular/Full time
Equal Employment OpportunityThe Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.