Assistant Designer, Men's Bottoms
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.
Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
About the Job
- Sustain the development, evolution and communication of a brand look that supports the brand identity
- Assist one or more designers to perform the design process components to accomplish goals for the seasonal calendar, assortment plan and source location requirements
- Support fit, fabric, finish, sundries and trim developments
- Contribute to the development of seasonal design platforms and concepts by identifying consumer relevant opportunities through market research
- Sustain effective partnerships with Merchandising, Product Development and Sourcing to ensure products are engineered to profit and quality/aesthetic goals
- Bachelor's degree in Design or a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a design environment
- Create detailed technical garment sketches
- Excellent working knowledge of garment construction and patternmaking
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level directors
- Communicate across all channels and able to get point across
- Excellent discretion, tact and diplomacy
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave