Assistant Designer, Men's Quick Response
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.
Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
We're looking for an Assistant Designer - who will bring new technology, and creativity to our team. It is necessary you have the desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand's past. You are also someone who can achieve success even with many diverse responsibilities.
- Sustain the development, evolution and communication of a brand look that supports the brand identity
- Assist one or more designers to build the design process components to achieve targets for the seasonal calendar, assortment plan and source location requirements
- Support fit, fabric, finish, sundries and trim developments
- Contribute to the development of seasonal design platforms and concepts by identifying consumer relevant opportunities through market research
- Sustain effective partnerships with Merchandising, Product Development and Sourcing to ensure products are engineered to profit and quality/aesthetic goal
- Bachelor's degree in Design in a plus, however a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a design environment
- Create detailed garment sketches in Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent working knowledge of garment construction
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can communicate across all channels with an ability to get the message across
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- You are an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS&Co.
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental