Assistant Designer-Men's Wovens
California Applicants, please click here to review the CCPA notice.
LIVE THE ISLAND LIFE
Tommy Bahama is looking for creative, diverse, and energetic people to help us live the island life! Tommy Bahama has grown to include both men’s and women’s apparel, home and beach goods, and a thriving restaurant and bar business. Everything that bears the Tommy Bahama name is created with an unwavering eye towards quality. More than ever, our focus is on taking our guests someplace great — through exceptional service, upscale products, and delicious food and drinks. Maintaining our unique point of view requires a diverse team that includes apparel designers, e-commerce and technology experts, manufacturing, operations, and, of course, retail and hospitality professionals. We would love to have you share your talents with us!
SET THE COURSE
To collaborate with and support designer in the creation of an apparel line that is attractive to the Tommy Bahama customer, and to work with a team of designers and other staff to ensure the quality of the products is world-class.
BE THE ISLAND GUIDE
- Partners with Designer to develop segments of the Tommy Bahama line each season (color, styling, fabric selection).
- Assists in researching fashion trends and determines desires for Tommy Bahama customer.
- Prepares presentation boards as needed.
- Develops computer coloration and prepares development cards that articulate colors, specifications, fabrics and all information necessary so that samples can be created.
- Approves lab dips, print strike-offs, yarn dyed handlooms & fabrics via correspondence with the Materials Team and Art Team.
- Creation and maintaining Development Cards & Artwork Files seasonally.
- Develops sketches for garment styling and updates as necessary for Tech Pack.
- Develops construction specifications and updates as necessary for Tech Pack.
- Collaborates with Designer and Merchandising in resolving production problems for current and upcoming seasons
- Orders samples, under guidance of Designer and Manager.
- Checks samples with Designer and Production team members for adherence to specs, color, fit, fabric, and construction
- Approves final samples under guidance of Designer
- Communicates feedback to Materials, Sourcing and Production partners.
- Files and Tracks all sample order information.
- Listens to feedback from Merchandising, Sales, and Retail staff to learn more about the Tommy Bahama customer.
- Follows up on details with Merchandising, Sales, or other departments where questions need to be answered by design team.
- Works with design team with sales meeting presentations through effective logistics, meeting planning, and follow through skills.
- Prepares and maintains wall presentations for product assortment reviews.
- Works with team of designers and design assistants to ensure cohesive line, and best quality product available
- Recognizes team members as valuable contributors and listens to their feedback
- Prepares samples for sales meetings
- Prepares information for line sheet for sales meetings and provides information to Art Team
- Works with Designer and Merchandising to answer questions about the line, and to make changes based on input
- Seeks new ways to make design processes more efficient and shares ideas with design team
- Works as efficiently as possible, while also focusing on quality results for the line.
- Seeks ways to improve his/her abilities and skills as a person and as a design team member.
- Contributes to the success of the entire team and takes responsibility for results.
- Flexible for other duties as needed to help support the overall business.
- Degree in Fashion Design ore related experience preferred
- 1-3 years of previous design experience in an apparel company highly desirable
- Experience in PLM or equivalent highly desirable
- Computer graphics experience with strong knowledge of Photoshop highly desirable
- Advanced Illustrator skills highly desirable
- Experience with the apparel design process from concept to product.
- Ability to listen and incorporate ideas into new designs or products. Must be able to approach each season without a rigid set of rules because of constantly changing trends, yet be able to meet tight timelines.
- "Can-do" or "supportive" attitude that doesn't allow personal ego to get in the way of effective team product results. Willingness to do less desirable tasks to allow team to succeed is essential.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent time management skills. Must adhere to the calendar
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest in Tommy Bahama!
Tommy Bahama participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.