Assistant Designer, Sweaters
Our client, a well known fashion brand in NYC, is looking for a creative Assistant Sweater Designer to join their team! We are looking for someone hardworking and dedicated, who is eager to jump in within this fast-paced, dynamic company environment.
- Set up design cards (sketch, reference images, construction details, BOM, measurements) in PLM (Flex PLM)
- Create yarn and sweater specific colors in PLM
- Set up and manage yarn charts for each season
- Preparation for every design meeting (track protos, hang protos, set up design presentation digital & physical boards etc.)
- Act as liaison between design and production to help coordinate development and bulk production style
- Manage BOM (PLM) and line plan (Illustrator) updates throughout development and production process
- Assist design team with sketch and CAD creation and management by Adobe Illustrator.
- Work with embellishment artwork by Adobe Illustrator.
- Apparel Design degree
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in PLM system (Flex PLM experience is plus)
- Detail oriented and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Technical sketching and CAD ability (flat) with understanding of sweater construction and eye for proportion and details. Need to have ability to create brush and fill
- Working knowledge of sweater yarn, gauge and stitch construction and trim
- Garment measurement and specification experience to set up initial specs and measure existing garment
- Basic sewing skills
Please submit your resume & portfolio for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.