Assistant Designer - Temporary - Haven Well Within
In October of 2020, during the Covid-19 pandemic, we launched our new brand, Haven Well Within, in select stores and online. There has never been a better time for us to launch this brand. Today more than ever, we believe in the importance of enhancing our lives by taking time for ourselves and thoroughly enjoying every moment of life while being at home. Our homes should be a place of comfort where we feel nourished, contented and encouraged to dream. Haven Well Within offers a beautifully curated collection of life-bettering products to do just that.
This position is responsible for assisting the Designer in the creation of a fully concepted line for the designated end user.
What You’ll Do:
- Assists in identifying seasonal fashion direction, merchandise trends and client needs for the area of responsibility.
- Assists in the execution of tech packs, both flat and technical sketches, pitch sheets and trim sheets.
- Contributes to conceptualization and implementation of the line. Prepares presentation boards highlighting fabric, flats, and figure sketches. Assists in set up of all Concept presentations.
- Participates in line assortment building and line presentations with the goal of creating a cohesive and exciting collection.
- Assists in research and development for trims and print and pattern.
- Attends all fittings and provides input/feedback as necessary. Keeps detailed notes from all fittings.
- Facilitates and administers interoffice communication.
- Adheres to calendar and attends all meetings as required.
- Researches competitive markets.
- People Management
- Builds collaborative relationships with vendors and internal clients
- Interfaces professionally and works effectively in group settings
- Assists in executing designs to the Conceptual Assortment Plan slots while staying within the pre-determined development ratios.
- Continues to develop and increase understanding of Talbot’s customer.
- Key partners include: Product Management, Merchandising, Fabric and Color teams, Technical Design, and Vendors.
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop required.