Assistant Designer, Vince Camuto Dresses
GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
Responsibilities & Daily Task:
- Cost Cards
- Pass design development from design office to production for orders.
- Maintain sample room and keep fabrics in order. (pass work to cutter and sewers)
- Track samples overseas and domestic.
- Keep showroom samples organized.
- Organize swatch library based on vendor and quality.
- Photoshop CAD work and cleaning garment images for FileMaker operating system.
- 1+ years of experience
- BA in Fashion Design
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CS, MS Excel, and MS Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral