Assistant Designer, Women's Sweaters
Vince Holding Corp. is a global contemporary group, consisting of three brands: Vince, Rebecca Taylor, and Parker. Vince, established in 2002, is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating California-inspired elevated yet understated pieces for every day effortless style. Known for its range of luxury products, Vince offers women’s and men’s ready-to-wear and accessories through 49 full-price retail stores, 15 outlet stores, and its e-commerce site, vince.com as well as premium wholesale channels globally and through its subscription service, Unfold. Rebecca Taylor, founded in 1996 in New York City, is a high-end women’s contemporary lifestyle brand inspired by beauty in the everyday. The Rebecca Taylor collection is available at Rebecca Taylor boutiques and at rebeccataylor.com as well as high-end department and specialty stores worldwide as well is its subscription service. Parker, founded in 2008 in New York City, is a contemporary women’s fashion brand with high perceived value. The Parker collection is available at parkerny.com as well as high-end department and specialty stores worldwide. Vince Holding Corp. is headquartered in New York. Please visit www.vince.com for more information.
Vince is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of the brand who have passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to “give-back”, and competitive pay and benefits.
THE POSITIONOrganizational StructureThe Assistant Designer, Women’s Sweaters reports directly to the Director of Design, Women’s Sweaters.
- Prepare for design fittings by specing all proto samples
- Generate tech packs and update them with fit comments and BOM updates
- Generate linesheets and keep updated as qualitied/sketches change
- Organize seasonal swatch library and inspiration closet
- Generate, send out, and track knit down requests
- Create seasonal swatch cards for sketch boards
- Develop original swatches in-house via hand or machine knitting
- Develop artwork and colorways for jacquards and prints
- Perform additional duties and assignment as requested
- Must have a 4-year College degree in Design
- Must have minimum six months to one year of experience in Design internship positions
- Must have excellent working knowledge of excel, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in both written and verbal communication
- Must be a team player, have ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and take initiative
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet all objectives and allow the various initiatives of the Design department to be accomplished in a timely manner
- Must be detail oriented individual and a strong self-starter
- Must be able to take direction. This position requires incumbent to establish effective work relationships across multiple levels and functions
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change
- Ability to hand knit as well as use a domestic knitting machine is a plus. Knowledge of industrial knitting machine programing is a plus
- Must be creative and have interest in textiles/knitwear
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits.
Vince, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Vince, LLC also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.