Assistant Digital Buyer
The North Face was built on a love for the outdoors and the desire to enable all types of exploration, for all people, from their backyards to the Himalayas. Over the last 50 years we've lived by our “true north,” the belief that exploration has the power to change us, to challenge us and to help us see the world from new perspectives. To help ignite a global movement of outdoor exploration, love for the natural world and an unwavering commitment to protect it, we welcome and encourage new participants to the outdoors. We extend our reach through support of non-profit organizations, establishing programs that connect participants with close-to-home recreation opportunities, and creating a connection with young leaders, inspiring them to explore and conserve.
As we enter our sixth decade, we pledge to:
- Empower exploration and the thrill of the unknown for as many people as possible.
- Protect the places where we live, play, and operate.
- Evolve the way we make our products by improving our environmental performance and social responsibility in the supply chain.
Assistant Buyer- Digital
You help to ensure that our best products are represented online and tell the brand story for an immersive customer experience. As the Assistant Buyer, you will support the planning and purchasing assortment in accordance with customer demand, market trends, brand direction and fiscal obligations. Here at The North Face, you will be empowered to drive results as you maximize sales and gross margin performance coupled with inventory management. This is an analytical job—we need someone who is very detail oriented and enjoys operating control-related standards and procedures. This role requires a strong collaboration with Ecom Operations (including Site Merchandising), Photography, Product and most importantly your first team of Buying and Planning.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
- Assist the buyer in the development of merchandise assortment plans and strategies for TheNorthFace.com.
- Create visual representations of assortment plans by month for own categories. Includes key look decks and ad hoc cad work requests.
- Maintain data integrity in each season’s buyer tools, following data governance principles strictly as outlined.
- Create and maintain product selling reports, channel hindsight’s, and ad-hoc reports.
- Partner with the Site Merchandising and Photography teams to ensure merchandise strategies are published on the site.
- Responsible for building, submitting, validating, & tracking purchase orders during buy season and in-season.
- Own the SMU management process.
- Manage sample requests, sample inventory and seasonal sample set up for buy reviews
- Execute all GTM operation prep work, notes, and adoption files.
- Research market to understand current and future business trends.
How you will do it:
- Build a strong relationship with your Buyer and cross-functional buy team, collaborating on the assortment strategy for DTC.
- Collaborate with Planning, Site Merchandising, and Content teams on reacting to business – drive sales and coordinate inventory movement.
- Work with the Digital Merchandising teams on merchandising website to maximize volume and visual presentation.
- Own the maintenance of required tools and processes to improve the team’s efficiency and buy accuracy.
What success looks like:
- Improved financial performance – increase in Retail Sales, Inventory Turnover, and Margin Rate.
- Strong team dynamic – effective working relationships with internal and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Best-in-class omni-channel customer experience.
- Clean data that can be trusted and used to inform current and future business.
Free To Be,Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 1+ years of prior experience in DTC Buying (or Planning and Allocation).
Educational Position Requirements:
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with sound decision-making skills and the ability to plan and prioritize.
- First-rate business acumen
- Flexibility and Agility – quickly understand, assess & problem solve
- Effective verbal communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
What we will teach you:
- Process and product flow through supply chain
- Training and development skills for leading effective teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit- the opportunity to develop and drive process change
- Technical skills- the opportunity to onboard and learn new retail software
- VF Guiding Principles:Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Preserve.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
Benefits at VF:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during your onboarding process.