Assistant Digital Media and Print Designer (Contractor)
Job Title: Assistant Digital Media and Print Designer (Contractor)
Reports to:Digital Media and Print Designer
The Assistant Digital Media and Print Designer assists in the creation, development, management and successful implementation of artistic and effective images, designs, and campaigns that promote GEDP’s events and organizational activities. The Digital Media and Print Designer will oversee the creation of marketing and promotional materials and will ensure the consistent look and presentation of GEDP’s brands is maintained throughout all promotional materials.
This is a contractor position, 15-25 hours per week, with a commitment of hours through Dec 15, 2022.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design and creation of some of the organization’s marketing collateral; annual report, programs, posters, signage, postcards/flyers, brochures, social media graphics, etc.
- Work side-by-side with Communications team on the creation of ‘zines and newsletters; determine story/ad placement, overall art direction/design, coordinate printing & fulfillment
- Assist in the design, scheduling, creation and submission of GEDP advertising buys; design and traffic traditional print advertising and billboards
- Assist in the creation, design and content management of the GEDP websites
- Assist in the scheduling and creation of all GEDP digital signage components
- Assist in logo development and design for GEDP and sub brands; set art direction and graphic standards
- Assist in management of outside printing relationships
- Participate as a part of the Marketing Committee in the conception, creation and implementation of unique promotions that support promotions, sponsorship goals and other organizational activities
- Work with staff to creative designs for retail/merchandise items
- Help to maintain an organized library of working files, graphics and photos; includes archiving old files
As job descriptions cannot possibly list all types of activities that one may encounter in a role like this, the person holding the position may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Marketing/Graphic Design, Communication or related field. 2+ years relevant work or intern experience as a Graphic Designer
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier, etc.
- Proficiency with computer, both Mac and PC
- Knowledge and familiarity with basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Photography, videography and video editing experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Strong communicator, excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, sponsors, patrons, the media, members, both verbally and in writing. Collaborative work style; ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Ability to work in an office environment in close vicinity with other employees as well as outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $30.00 - $50.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Graphic design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location