Assistant Director & Visual Merchandiser - Georgia Aquarium Gift Shop
Do you have store leadership and visual merchandising experience, does the wonder of Marine Animal Life connect to your interest, and do you want to work for an amazing company that puts its Team, Partners, Guests & Planet first?
We are passionate about adding value to the ultimate experience our guests enjoy while shopping at the most renowned cultural, experiential, and entertainment destinations across the United States.
Be a part of this fascinating premier cultural destination located in downtown Atlanta – where visitors explore the magic and discoveries that this world under the sea brings to life.
Put your love of marine animal life to work – Imagine yourself partnering with the General Manager in leading a team and inspiring guests to create memorable experiences…Now imagine yourself in a rewarding store leadership role at our Georgia Aquarium Gift Shops!
As Assistant Director/Visual Merchandiser (Full-Time Hourly), you will identify product presentation opportunities, maximize the retail potential of the store(s), enhance the store appearance, supervise and participate in day-to-day store operations, and ensure that our Guests and team members have the ultimate experience possible.
- Identify product presentation and fixturing opportunities to enhance the store(s) appearance, extend the venue experience into the store(s), maximize space allocation and drive capture rate, average dollar sale and increased revenue.
- Analyze store department performance information to determine areas to improve product productivity through merchandising.
- Provide visual merchandising direction for product/visual merchandising initiatives using weekly and quarterly store communication tools.
- Support a specific location with visual merchandising, space planning, and product initiatives.
- Work closely and alongside store teams to ensure consistency in execution and maintaining a high level of visual excellence.
- Communicate weekly with Director of Visual Merchandising to measure results and set priorities.
- Support Event Network’s Core Values and uphold our Company Culture that shapes the ultimate Team Member and Guest experience.
- Assist Store Director with the recruitment, retention, supervision, and development of a talented team.
- Perform day-to-day store operations.
- Sales driven with a strong focus on guest service, visual merchandising, scheduling, and managing a team.
- Ensure that the highest level of customer service is provided.
- Hold self and others accountable to high performance standards while providing Guests with memorable experiences.
- At least three years’ experience in a retail leadership role
- Strong visual merchandising experiencing, retail sales background, an entrepreneurial spirit, great interpersonal skills, and a love to sell
- Able to show dynamic leadership, hire and train staff, and motivate staff to promote maximum performance
- Able to understand and follow all guest service programs
- Open availability to work irregular shifts that meets the needs of the business, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The team member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
BRING YOUR TALENT TO US
Event Network is an equal opportunity employer.