Assistant Fashion Designer
Our client, a Contemporary Fashion Brand, is seeking a motivated and detail oriented individual to join their team as an Assistant Designer, temporarily in NYC! In this role, you are a key member of the Design Team who will ensure that everything is running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a passionate design team for a leading brand!
- Assist in coordinating and completing special assignments and projects as require
- Collaborate with various staff including Design Management in creating boards, reports/decks as needed
- Maintain and update line sheets, specs and CADS
- Partner with Design EA to maintain design department organization and neatness which include dismantling boards and workstations
- Keep seasonal colors, palettes and standards up to date in necessary work spaces
- Assist in creating and maintaining design specification decks and charts for all details including any specific seasonal requests
- Assists Design Team and Management in miscellaneous tasks such as filling, organizing, scanning and photocopying if and when needed
- Participate in Design meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Product Development or related field
- 1+ years of experience preferred in related field and/or strong internship experience
- Proficient in Excel, Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication
- PLM knowledge a must
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a very flexible/adaptable, a fast learner and can manage in a fast-paced environment
Please submit your resume for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.