Assistant Fashion Designer
Rockstar Original,a leader in the street-style market, offers a collection of limited-edition hand- customized designs, graphic prints, and cutting-edge pieces. The brand’s philosophy is to empower individuals through personal style and self-identity through fashion. The LA native brand champions individuality and creative freedom through their strolling and distinct apparel. Rockstar Original is the ultimate must-have brand for fashion innovators worldwide.
At RSO, the most successful team members have a thirst and the creativity to keep us growing and relevant! With a growing team of 75 + based in a state of the art building out of Downtown LA, we are a dynamic team that is motivated by getting the company to the next level. It's our goal to hire high- energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Work closely to assist the Design director and design team to generate new on-brand designs, including graphics, and creating the proper detailed tech packs to submit to local and overseas factories
Assist in organization, accessibility, and preservation of the design archive
Generate ideas, actively seek, and design new creations that are both on trend and captivating
Create easily understandable, full tech packs based off information provided / CAD sketch
Stay on top of streetwear fashion trends in the market, and come up with creative concepts to present as options for development
Working on graphics, and inputting information from technical designer and graphic designer into tech packs
Communicates clearly with local and overseas vendors to produce samples and production issues
Support the Design Director, and Head Designers with the execution of any creative design within the men's, kid's, women's and accessories department
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in Fashion Design (3+ years)
- An exceptional eye for design and graphics.
- Expert at creating tech packs, and understand how to be detailed oriented so the Overseas factories can clearly understand how to produce the development.
- Research market trends, analyze trends and apply gained knowledge to designs.
- Experience, understanding and passion for the Streetwear Urban Market.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent attention to details with strong time management and organization skills.
- Must be able to complete challenging deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at a time while working to a high standard.
- Strong self-motivator, able to accomplish different tasks with minimal supervision.
- Portfolio to support experience (must be included with application).