Assistant Fashion Designer
The position of Assistant Designer supports and assists in the needs of the Design Team for successful design and development of product lines.
· Participate in research and development of seasonal trends.
· Assist in shopping the retail and trend (fabric/color/fashion) markets seeking new merchandise ideas, as needed.
· Assist in creating and distributing fabric development packages.
· Assist in developing flat mechanical sketches for design development packages (to technical design and overseas.)
· Actively interface with Patternmakers to positively impact results for producing retail sample requests and attention to duplicates
· Assist in the tracking and approval of fabric samples, lab dips, strike-offs and other development materials.
· Approve fabric and trim production for color and quality
· Assists Designer in developing print and pattern designs.
· Participate in Fit Model sessions to develop skills and gain experience
· Assist in reviewing development samples.
· Assist in creating and distributing color cards, trim cards and pattern development sheets
· Adhere to the seasonal time and action calendars.
· Create computerized mood boards
· Help create and update seasonal line sheets for internal use and presentations
· Input all information from each line / group in the NGC every season
· Perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Company as requested to achieve goals and objectives.
· Associates degree in design or 1-2 years’ experience in the design field.
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a must.
· NGC/PLM systems preferred.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
· Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
· Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
· Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
· Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
· Ability to accept responsibility and account for own actions
· Good communication skills, collaborative, team player, responsible, and excellent work integrity