Assistant Fashion Designer at Alphalete Athletics LLC Missouri City, TX
Assistant Fashion Designer job at Alphalete Athletics LLC. Missouri City, TX.Job Description
The Assistant Fashion Designer works closely with the Fashion Design team during the entire process of creating apparel and lifestyle garments for the Alphalete brand. The Assistant Fashion Designer may also be responsible for other tasks related to the creation of clothing. This might include sourcing materials or fabrics, developing patterns, sewing sample garments, etc.
- Full-time, 40 hours a week (or more as needed)
- Schedule: Traditional office hours are Monday through Friday 9AM to 5PM or 6PM (depends on workout)
- Missouri City, TX (Alphaland HQ)
Head of Women’s Fashion
- BA, BFA or BS in Apparel Design and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Essential Job Duties
- Assist the Lead Designer with creating sketches and new designs. You will learn to develop your design point of view for each season that our community would love.
- Create and maintain design documentation, including technical drawings, colour line plans, outfitting pages, and factory communication.
Additional Job Duties
- Assist with fabric, trim and print development and comments.
- Create design packets for marketing, photoshoot, and Social Media teams to ensure design vision is communicated clearly for seasonal launches.
- Participate in fittings, take notes, and provide constructive feedback to improve the overall quality of garments.
- Actively participates in seasonal inspiration research, communicates graphic briefs and formulates collection ideas.
- Prepares Presentations- support the Women’s design team in preparation for major gates (build visual decks, gather fabric, trim samples).
- Build online fabric and trim toolbox
- Shadow critical design work to showcase and develop a design point of view
- Other job duties as assigned by the Technical Fashion Designer.
Required Skills / Experience
- 0-2 years of experience in design, preferably in the athletic apparel industry
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office Mac platforms
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Traits / Characteristics
- Creative and innovative
- Open minded
- High drive for personal development
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to wear many hats