Assistant Fashion Designer
Founded in 1991, Elan International is a Miami-based, family-oriented company with showrooms in Miami, New York, Dallas, and Los Angeles. From boutiques to department stores, Elan designs, manufactures, and distributes wholesale clothing throughout the world. To be able to support the continued growth, our Design Team is looking to bring on an Assistant Designer who can work in a fast-paced environment and possesses a near obsessive attention to detail and deadlines along with the ability to multitask and collaborate with other teams and vendors.
- This position is on-site only in our head office in Miami Gardens, FL.
Requirements (please read thoroughly):
- 0-2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Excellent Computer Skill includes Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A keen eye for Color, Print, Trend, Detail, and Construction
- Excellent sketching abilities (digital or hand sketching)
- Ability to measure a garment and create Teck Pack
- Knowledge of print, graphic artwork, embroidery
- Self-starter and solution seeker
- Able to multi-task and prioritize based on business objectives
- Organized and Detail-oriented
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Web PLM experience is a plus
- Support team to meet deadlines to seasonal collections and product lines.
- Be able to sketch garments, create mockups, and draw flats for presentation and tech purposes.
- Support team to complete tech packs
- Assist in updating PLM with fabric swatches, lab dips and strike off approvals when needed
- Assist in fittings by taking notes and making comments to vendor, PD & PLM
- Be willing to develop artwork, layouts, and colorways for print/graphic/embroidery and embellishments.
- Organizing design assets: digital board, PD master sheet, samples, trims, fabrics,
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Communicate effectively with vendors about PD’s fit comments, strike off, print development
- Manage shipping items locally and internationally
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance