Assistant Fashion Designer
We are a small female-led Women’s athleisure wholesaler & retailer centrally located in Vernon, CA. We are a small laid-back team looking for an assistant designer who’s creative and analytical, who thrives in a creative environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Assist in designing apparel for athleisure collections including outerwear, swim, lounge, streetwear, and low-medium impact activewear.
· Stay up to date on current and future industry trends
· Build Proto Request Design Sheets to communicate designs with overseas factories
· Assist in organizing and tracking samples, help unpack and distribute mail packages
· Maintain organization of color library
· Assist in building seasonal concept boards to provide visual representation of upcoming launches
· Build and maintain seasonal linesheets
· 2-3 years of experience in a similar position
· Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
· Knowledge of women's apparel specs and garment construction
· Understanding of garment fit issues and how to communicate solutions to overseas vendor
· Open minded to give and receive candid feedback
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
· Self-starter, with a proactive attitude
· Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking).
· Strong organizational skills.
Nice to have:
· Degree in Apparel or Fashion Design
· Understanding of how to navigate Fashion Snoops or similar trend platform
· Understanding of recoloring and manipulating artwork prints
· Passion for color & color palettes
· This is a full-time position ON-SITE in Vernon, CA
· Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the US.
· Position offers lots of freedom to shape your career based on individual interests.
· Small agile team offering lots of room for growth
· Laid back environment with lots of space for creativity and individual expression
· Lunch is provided daily on-site
· Generous employee discount
· Free on-site parking is provided
How to apply:
· Please include your design portfolio & resume
· Applications without portfolio or work samples will not be considered.
Mono B/DonMich Corp is an equal-opportunity employer. We don't discriminate and we encourage people of color, immigrants, LGBTQIA, and other minority candidates to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Vernon, CA 90058: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Apparel design: 2 years (Preferred)
Adobe Illustrator: 2 years (Preferred)