Assistant Fashion Designer (Contemporary Division)
*Please provide a portfolio and/or work samples relevant to our brand, L'Academie
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for Millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand, and a go-to online source for discovery and inspiration, we deliver an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering totaling over 45,000 apparel, footwear, accessories and beauty styles. Our dynamic platform connects a deeply engaged community of millions of consumers, thousands of global fashion influencers, and more than 500 emerging, established and owned brands. Through 16 years of continued investment in technology, data analytics, and innovative marketing and merchandising strategies, we have built a powerful platform and brand that we believe is connecting with the next generation of consumers and is redefining fashion retail for the 21st century. For more information please visit www.revolve.com.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have a thirst and the creativity to make this the top e-commerce brand in the world. With a team of 1,000+ based out of Cerritos, California we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Main purpose of the position:
The Assistant Designer for the Contemporary category will utilize their organizational skills to assist and support the Design team with daily administrative and design-related tasks. They will assist with the design development process which includes creatively finding solutions and different perspectives pertaining to design, ultimately supporting the Designer’s creative direction. This is a permanent full time role for a candidate who truly understand the market consumer and is passionate about his or her work.
Position responsibilities and daily tasks:
- Strong knowledge of premium quality, feminine design details. Must incorporate an elevated personal aesthetic and taste level
- Create detailed technical flats and line guides; this includes intricate CAD work, zoom construction details for review with Lead Designer. This includes thoughtful and intentional construction work and ability to execute on those CAD’s independently
- Assist in the process of executing elevated product with the direction of a higher-level Designer.
- Attend designated fittings, support Lead Designer in updates
- Assist and receive sample shipments and check-in to system daily
- Maintain and organize all sample racks and label samples accordingly
- Create and maintain monthly line guides
- Set up swatch and print packages
- Create detailed CADs/Tech Packs/Construction Detail Pages/maintain BOMs
- Check in samples and blocks into Product Consoles
- Accurately take notes for Designer in meetings
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and assignments as directed by management
What does a candidate need to demonstrate to perform this job successfully:
- Possess ability to sketch and CAD design details and knowledge of garment construction as needed by Designer
- Strong understanding of application of fabrications and an assortment of trims
- Able to clearly communicate silhouettes and detailed garment construction through tech pack creation and CADS
- Proficient knowledge and skill-set to achieve high-end and aspirational embroidery/embellishment layouts
- Knowledgeable and consistently up-to-date with market/runway trends and good understanding of the REVOLVE customer and Revolve Owned Brands
- Strong knowledge of design details and interior garment construction
- Independently complete daily tasks while working from home
- Self-motivated, positive and dependable attitude
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Effective time management and ability to stay organized
- Flexible and adaptable to a very fast-paced environment
- Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as, bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Minimum candidate qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- Minimum one year experience in previous work or internship in related field
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a must
- Advanced visual and written communication skills
- Some to advanced knowledge of fabrics across categories
Preferred qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- Degree in Fashion, similar related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Gmail
- Proficient knowledge of garment construction and fit