Assistant Fashion Director - Ready to Wear (TEMP)
Bloomingdale’s makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job Overview:The Assistant Fashion Director supports the Fashion Directors, Merchants, Advertising, Interior Visual and Windows to coordinate and execute seasonal objectives. The Assistant Fashion Director will have responsibility to assist with advertising campaigns, participate in style-outs, attend market appointments (virtual or in-person), and assist in follow-up with all aspects of Carousel-related needs as the liaison between the Fashion Office, Marketing and Buying teams.
- Assist in the selection of merchandise for advertising campaigns
- Lookbook creation for marketing assets (prints catalogs, email, digital lookbooks, social media, and special projects)
- Assist in creating color and fabric programs to meet varying needs of individual departments
- Work with visual team on sample coordination for window presentations
- Present styling information to the Advertising / Marketing teams
- Sample trafficking for Marketing and store presentation needs
- Assist with securing assets for trend reports; liaise with graphic design and printing services for final production.
- Shop new resources and competition on an ongoing basis to remain competitive
- Attend local trade shows, fairs, fashion presentations, shows, etc. and report on findings
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
1-2 years related experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Detail oriented with strong knowledge of fashion trends
Click here to enter text.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 10 lbs.