Assistant Handbag Designer
The Creative and Marketing Team at Adecco is recruiting a Contract Assistant Handbag Designer for a well-known fashion company in NYC.
• Create sketches and product prototypes throughout the conceptual design process.
• Responsible for timeline adherence; ensure all Design Cards are completed accurately and delivered to Product Development on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization. Ensure staff completes projects on a timeline.
• Responsible for upholding design integrity, high-quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through engineering and commercialization.
• Trend Research
• Experience designing handbags and/or small leather goods
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
• Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform rendering
• Understanding of materials, hardware, leather, and handbag construction required
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, both in sketching and color option renderings
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
• Must possess a strong fashion sense and have the ability to interpret trends
• Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage and handle multiple priorities at once