Assistant Knit Designer
Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel
SummaryWe are looking to hire a well-organized, highly creative and enthusiastic designer to join our team. This individual will be responsible for assisting and supporting theMen's Knit’s and Sweater Directorwith designing and development of our Perry Ellis Collection Knits and Sweaters. The Assistant Designer is responsible for participating in all phases of the design development process from initial concept to production. The right candidate should be proactive in their approach and is hard working.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Director for Perry Ellis Collection Knits and Sweaters
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and seasonal presentation boards, understanding of PLM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for color CADS of fabric and styles.
- Assist in the conceptual, product, fabric development of the line
- Make revisions to sketches and design packages as needed.
- Assist in researching the local market.
- Work closely with merchandising, product developer, and sourcing to make sure that the team is on calendar
- Responsible for maintaining design presentation boards
- Responsible for creating inspiration boards, mini boards for sales tools, etc.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., Illustrator and Photoshop a must).
- Basic knowledge of product and fabric.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of garment construction.
- Basic knowledge of design and color.
- Ability to perform basic flat sketches.
- Good organizational and communication skills .
- College degree in Fashion Design.
- At least 1-2 year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)