Assistant Knitwear Designer
• Position requires strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, adaptability to a fast-paced environment, and the flexibility to work autonomously and in collaboration with members of the design and product development teams. Ideal candidate is highly creative and hardworking, knowledgeable of fabrics, trims, garment sewing, and construction, as well as fitting for development and production. Proficiency in fashion illustration, Procreate, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office products is required. 1 – 2 years of experience in Knitwear Design.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
• Partner with Director and Designer to research for knitwear concepts according to Season’s Concept Deck and Line plan
• Provide support in the creative development and execution of new product.
• Assist in preparation of stitch patterns, knit down requests, artwork and layouts for factories
• Assist in preparation of sketches and style numbers for design development line sheet, technical packages, and design boards from first proto to SMS sample presentation.
• Organize all incoming knit downs by season and technique.
• Engage in designated development fittings, style-outs, proto reviews, photoshoots, and production fittings
• Create and maintain color library/ lab dips of all yarn qualities and dropped SMS samples
• Maintain yarn card library, follow up with mills on pricelists and new developments.
• Assist in the preparation and execution of sample presentations, helping create boards, knit treatments, and CADS according to Seasonal Color Palette
• General studio organization, including fit room and design areas, receive and send out packages
Assistant Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Design or related area
• 1 – 2 years of experience in Knitwear Design
• Handknitting / Machine Knitting Experience a Plus
• Strong sketching skills, color sense, and general yarn knowledge
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop, Procreate, Microsoft Word and Excel
Must be Vaccinated + boosted
100% on Site
$65k salary + Competitive Benefits