Assistant Ladies Designer
Founded in 1985 by Frank Zarabi, FAM Brands provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners. Our unique performance materials and versatile apparel designs-along with our competitive pricing strategies-have enabled us to become leaders in apparel industry. Our ability to thrive, centers around impeccable design and excellent branding. Our designers and production teams collaborate closely with our factories to create exception fashion strategies and details. Our world-class brands include Marika, Balance Collection, Bally Total Fitness, Tehama, Peace and Pearls, Eddie Bauer, Orvis, Woolrich, and more.
We are the trailblazers for activewear. Champions of fitness. We're for simple, elegant and vibrant designs. Our employees are star-reachers, bridge-builders, leaders and teammates. We are family-owned and operated. We are FAM Brands. We are growing and focused on strategic initiatives. Our factories are safe and our employees are valued. We are worldwide, world-class, forward-thinking and forward-looking. We work hard and believe in the work we do. We're for executional excellence and achieving our dreams. We are FAM Brands.
POSITION TITLEAssistant Designer
LOCATION INFORMATIONBell, CA – This position cannot be done remotely
CompensationBase + Bonus
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
BenefitsFull-Time, Regular Employees are eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits package including: Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Holiday, Company Holidays, Anthem Insurance Coverage for Medical (PPO & EPO), Dental (DPO & DMO) and Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Company Paid Life & Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k Match, Pet Insurance, Hartford Supplemental Insurance Policies (Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Hospital), Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent), Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Onsite Food Options, and more!
Some Of What You'll DoReporting to one or more Senior Designers, the Associate Designer is responsible for supporting relevant needs within Ladies Sportswear. Whether generating tech packs all day, entering information into our PLM, supporting the mood/design creation process, or packing up boxes for buyer meetings, you are there to support the team. We have multiple sportswear teams, and you must be willing to float from team to team, as easy as you support a single designer.
- Tech packs, tech packs, tech packs. This is super critical. No hand sketching here! Everything is CAD and you must be a strong assistant to keep up.
- Collaborate with design, merchandise, and sales partners to create and present concepts.
- Partner with designers, product development and sourcing when choosing design components, fabrics, and trims, ensuring product can be delivered within the target customer price points.
- Ensure a strong understanding of competitive market and landscape, along with identifying continuous opportunities for growth.
- Partner with team members and sales to understand customer needs to create designs and assortments, present to customer buyers.
- Illustrate and render technical flats & create tech packs.
- Organize sample racks, mood boards, and other decision-making items.
- Work closely with in house team members on development throughout the production and fit process.
- Manage multiple priority projects and development calendars for a variety of needs, from internal to external customers.
- Innate ability to envision & design great product within brand appropriate product guidelines and fiscal targets.
- Partner with product development resources to select materials based on their functional properties, aesthetics and costs, without sacrificing design and style.
- Bachelor's degree in design
- PLM experience required
- 1+ years relevant design experience; School experience and internships, count!
- Mass Market and SMU knowledge helpful (conceptual or hands-on)
- Not easily unnerved & ability to handle deadline stress and pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience technical fit & construction
- Ability to learn and take direction, as well as teach and give direction
- Must be a CAD master - Adobe CreativeCloud
FAM Brands is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. FAM Brands makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.