At Everything But Water, we are dedicated to helping women feel beautiful and confident. We've transformed the swim shopping experience by consistently delivering beautiful resort style, fit expertise and amazing customer service in a luxurious setting. We offer a variety of rewarding growth opportunities - from sales associates and store management to distribution, technology and administration - for smart, customer obsessed individuals with a love of fashion.ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER – Job Description
STYLE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE OBSESSED? DIVE INTO A CAREER IN FASHION
Everything But Water is the largest specialty retailer of women’s swimwear and resort-wear in the US, with over 90 stores coast-to-coast and a leading website at everythingbutwater.com. Everything But Water offers an unparalleled, year-round selection of head-to-sandy-toe getaway essentials, from designer swimsuits, cover ups and sundresses to jewelry, totes, sandals and more. Expert Sales Associates, with in-depth training in fit and fashion, know how to flatter every curve and make women feel beautiful and confident.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual as an Assistant Store Manager to drive profitable sales and engage a team of Associates. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in fashion/swimwear, a background in retail, a positive attitude and ability to build and maintain relationships.
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in maintaining a customer centric environment by making customers a priority while driving sales. In the Store Managers absence, successfully managing the day-to-day store operations, staffing, and inventory management is expected. In this role, you will collaborate with the Store Manager to lead a team of dynamic Associates while providing customers with extraordinary service.Responsibilities
- Manage sales and expenses to optimize results
- Support Store Manager in maintaining staffing levels consistent with business needs to ensure excellent customer service
- Ensure adequate shift coverage and scheduling to business needs including covering shifts is schedule Associate is unable to work
- Assisting Store Manager with recruiting, hiring, and training Associates
- Maintain brands standards around cleanliness, organization, and visual presentation
- Support Store Manager to build a culture of collaboration and accountability
- Demonstrate clear understanding of sales goals and align behaviors accordingly
- Supervise and train staff in Store Manager’s absence
- 3-5 years of experience in retail sales; 1-2 years in retail management
- Open availability to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Effective customer engagement skills
- Basic merchandising and visual skills
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift; climb a ladder; and lift a minimum of 10 pounds
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be fluent in English (speak, read, write)
Everything But Water offers a competitive compensation package including 401(K) participation, merchandise discounts and additional benefits for eligible Associates.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.