Assistant Manager - Designer Apparel - NYC Flagship
The ideal Assistant Sales Department Manager is skilled at using directive selling, sets and achieves sales goals and is committed to providing an exceptional customer experience.
A day in the life…
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and motivate your team – their success is your success
- Assist the department manager in achieving department volume and productivity goals by developing and executing a business plan
- Ensure salespeople are delivering outstanding customer service by teaching, coaching and leading by example
- Work with the department manager to ensure merchandising and presentation standards are met
- Build long lasting relationships and create a loyal customer following by actively selling on the floor
- Assist the department manager in ensuring accurate inventory management and achieve shrinkage goals
- A track record of successful results, for example, strong productivity, personal trade, etc.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial confidence to succeed in a commission-based environment
- The ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Experience developing and maintaining productive relationships with department and store managers, divisional retail merchandiser and other leaders
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- A high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range DetailsThe pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
New York: $40,000 - $64,000 annually