Assistant Manager, Merchandising - 18th & 6th
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
Job descriptionAbout the Role
In this role, you will set the tone for the store team and help bring our brand to life for our customers and employees. Your leadership role is critical in supporting the execution of the store strategy to achieve performance goals and drive profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store, including; customer and product operations, merchandising, and talent development. Through collaboration with your leadership team, your goal is to teach others and coach behaviors to cultivate a high performing team that meets or exceeds goals.
What You'll Do
- Recruit, hire and develop people to drive a culture of high performance and engagement
- Accountable for team performance through teaching, coaching and providing meaningful feedback to build capabilities
- Support strategies and processes using a customer centric mindset to deliver results, drive store sales, and maximize efficiencies and productivity
- Promote community involvement
- Adapt team priorities to respond to customer and business partner needs
- Provide front line supervision to an operational, service or administrative team
Who You Are
- Provides clear and direct communication of expectations and gives feedback while listening to learn in order to unlock personal and business results
- Proven ability to organize and utilize time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands
- Strength in driving metrics to deliver results that will meet or exceed business goals
- Able to travel as required
- Probe beyond the stated situation, uses reporting and company tools to find identify underlying issues and considers possible alternatives
- Good understanding of concepts and procedures within own subject area