Assistant Manager, Merchandising - Intimates
HanesBrands, Inc., (HBI) is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world’s best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We’re building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities and around the world.
This is a developmental position that requires a desire to learn product-based brand management and the ability to learn how merchandising should interface and influence product direction. This position requires assisting with the development of product lines, in concert with the design and merchandising teams. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to manage and balance short-term priorities and long-range goals with a demonstrated ability to work well with a team. The autonomy of the assignments will be at the discretion of the department and be based upon functional growth and development of the incumbent. The position is an integral part of the product development process as he/she provides executional support of product initiatives to complete all marketing plans in conjunction with meeting or exceeding annual operating plan objectives. The incumbent is expected to gain a thorough understanding of HBI business processes through execution of assigned tasks and functional responsibilities.
- Assist in the design and development of all product lines for all classes of trade.
- Maintain library of competitor and HBI products.
- Act as liaison w/outside contractors and suppliers.
- Research and analyze the market on a regular basis looking for new trends.
- opportunities and competitive threats.
- Research trend resources such as WGSN and The Doneger Group.
- Assist in the creation of seasonal ideation presentations
- Correspond with Product Development & internal cross functional teams (follow-up/follow-thru from initial concept to receiving and approving product).
- Liaison with Marketing (prototypes, photo shoots, line sheets).
- Interface with all key HBI cross-functional areas.
- Manage CADS for potential style developments and color specs.
- Manage all prototypes and pertinent information daily.
- Manage flow of product information specs & claims.
- Key liaison between Merchandising, Product Development and Sourcing.
- PLM/ Excel/PowerPoint and all computer related functions to assist on day to day basis.
- Prepare/compile product information sheets from data provided by the merchandise management. This includes product sketches, CADS, product features, and key finished product specifications.
- Maintain product information with an internal database of prototype and color status tracking including the submission of seasonal products and colors for internal development. Ensures integrity of data.
Assist Showroom set up:
- Assist in management of seasonal color palette setup & follow up.
- Assist in product decks and Customer Management Group training packets.
- Assist in presentations for Sales Meetings and Account Specific Meetings
- Order, track, and organize all sample requests.
- Assist and train Customer Management Group on key product messages
- Assist with all New York Fashion/Market Week product requests.
- Manage showroom model bookings, samples, videos for sell in meetings & market week.
- Four (4)-year college degree in design, merchandising, fashion textile design and/or business apparel management or a closely related field.
- 1 to 2 years of merchandising experience is desired.
- Computer literacy is required. Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Self-starter. Ability to think strategically and execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects with effective time management skills.
- This is a developmental position for graduates of a 4-year degreed program in fashion textile design and merchandising or business apparel management with a consideration given to internally identified candidates.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Email: [email protected]