Assistant Manager of Production, Superbaby Denim
In this role, you are accountable for supporting the ideation, development, implementation and execution of the Gap Inc production and vendor capability strategy, delivering value through effectively balancing innovation, quality, and cost for Gap and Gap Outlet brands. You will be able to operate in a highly matrixed global organization, forming part of the cross functional product team (Design, Merchandising, Tech Design, Quality Assurance, Sustainability, Fabric Research and Development and Global Sourcing). You will be able to execute with strong attention to detail to ensure the product pipeline meets key milestones to meet product to market (P2M) demands.What You'll Do
- Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances.
- Drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
- Understand and work with cross-functional teams to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance.
- Manage BOM maintenance through PLM system to ensure product execution.
- Communicate with Asia-based teams to understand product execution issues and provide support in resolving them in a timely manner
- Create seasonal strategies to limit our exposure to buying fabrics pre line adoption
- Execute a vendor engagement strategy across divisions and categories for both seasonal and fast pipelines
- Ensure product availability for seasonal and fast pipelines at the product category level
- Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and divisional goals.
- Global Product Development experience or exposure to driving global product development for Denim products, and understands design, merchandising, and vendor/category management.
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, and retail math.
- Collaboration- Proven ability influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Develop the analytic process required to optimize post Line Adoption.
- Adapt team priorities to respond to customer and business partner needs.
- Manage Denim product category in coordination with a cross functional team and international sourcing partners.
- Experience in managing Denim products is strongly preferred.