Assistant Manager (Part-Time), J.Crew Retail, Del Amo Fashion Center
As an Assistant Manager, you are a key member of the leadership team. You’re responsible for supporting a profitable business--focusing on creating genuine connections that foster customer loyalty, love of the brand, and strong community engagement. You’re responsible for providing in-the-moment feedback and coaching so each team member can contribute at their highest potential. You’ll partner with your leadership team to make adjustments when needed to drive the business forward, while seamlessly stepping in on tasks when needed.
- Be the role model for creating personalized connections with customers that drive loyalty and excitement for the brand.
- Observe Stylist performance on the selling floor and assist if necessary to make a connection or sale.
- Lead fit sessions that enhance product knowledge and fuel a style obsession.
- Help Stylists make the most of each customer interaction by sharing specific actions to improve outcomes.
- Ensure the team is always on track to make their goals and exceed customer expectations.
- Own the selling floor and ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Be ready to step in for another manager as needed.
- Plan and execute local events that tie to the community and fuel incremental traffic and sales.
- Act in a manner that aligns with our values.
- Love our brand, customers and teams.
- Have a great fashion aesthetic and are plugged in to what’s happening in the industry and community.
- Have a track record of setting and achieving goals.
- Are energized by change; shift gears quickly and rally the team behind new strategies and projects.
- Make smart decisions by: actively listening, understanding data and looking beyond the obvious.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent combo of education and experience.
- Have 2 or more years of experience with similar scope, specialty retail preferred.
- Communicate effectively and confidently.
- Process information and operate store systems accurately.
- Are available when we are busy, including: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Are adept with technology and apps and familiar with industry-related blogs and feeds.
- Must bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds | 18 kilos.
- Must regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
- Competitive base pay and bonus programs
- Flexible days and hours
- Amazing merchandise discounts
- 24/7 free confidential help with a variety of personal and work concerns
- Personal and professional development
- Giving back: volunteer program, disaster relief funds, charitable matching donations*
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, legal plan, ID theft, commuter benefit*
- Time Away: paid time off, holidays, parental leave, disability leave, bereavement*
- 401(k) plan with company matching contributions*
- Note: availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to work location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.