Assistant Men's Designer
FRAME is an American fashion brand renowned for its collections in denim, cotton, leather and cashmere.
The company’s founders Erik Torstensson and Jens Grede strive to design a modern versatile wardrobe through signature denim fits, cotton shirting and coveted leather pieces.
Since the brand’s inception in 2012 in Los Angeles, California, FRAME has evolved from making handcrafted denim to offering ready-to-wear and accessories collections in the finest natural materials.
FRAME is committed to sustainable and fair manufacturing practices, balancing profit with a commitment to people and planet.
Today, FRAME is sold through its own retail stores and e-commerce as well as through leading department stores and boutiques across the world.
Reporting to the Creative Director - Menswear, the Assistant Designer will provide vital support to the Mens RTW Design Team. This role conducts research and assists the Design Team in the creation of new product in line with the overall product strategy for Ready- to- Wear.
- Assists with designing the Ready- to- Wear collection under the direction of the Menswear Creative Director.
- Researches trends and brings newness and modernity to the FRAME aesthetic through inspiration and sketches presented to the Creative Director.
- Stay current on the Ready to Wear contemporary market while researching relevant lifestyle trends, product trends, color trends, fabric trends and new trims & garment details.
- Provides mood, inspiration, and conceptual on brand imagery to Creative Director continually
- Helps to manage the design process from initial sketch to production.
- Ensures top quality of all category products
- Works with team to assure that design calendar deadlines are met and maintained.
- Works on product execution up to SMS handoff to Production.
- Assists the Design Team with send outs, tracking, sending, receiving, etc.
- Owns assembling all BOMs, tech packs, and placement sheets for all RTW styles in a timely and organized manner.
- Attends fittings, works with the Tech team to ensure design intent and fits are properly executed. Updates sketches and tech packs accordingly.
- Collaborates with Technical Designers and clearly communicates with overseas vendors to confirm desired garment construction and look.
- Meets with trim vendors and fabric mills to research new ideas, details and trends while being on brand and seasonally appropriate.
- Supports with the development of fellow colleagues and Interns, delivering relevant training and support when required.
- Assists the Design Team with day to day tasks including scanning, sketching and competitor reports. Participates in fabric selections and initial print reviews during seasonal meetings.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Fashion Design, specifically RTW category experience, is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or equivalent required.
- Exceptionally high taste level
- Strong hand sketching ability
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Word needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Strong team player, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment