Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel.
SummaryThe Assistant Merchandiser will manage the development and execution of fashion product in accordance with agreed upon design, pricing and brand strategy.
- Maintains all merchandising data entry files and communication: Merch plan, market chart, line changes, costing, model detail follow up, marketing updates
- Interface with all functional areas of the business (design, sales, sourcing, marketing) to maintain common vision for the brand
- Communicates with all team members: Purchasing, planning, sourcing, sales, design, overseas, retail team, compliance, licensees
- Adhere to design calendar and development targets to ensure timely completion.
- Partnering with design, sales, and production to execute the line strategies and volume and margin targets
- Understand target customer: shop retail stores to provide competitive analysis to enhance brand strategies and opportunities
- PLM maintenance for Merchandising
- Proficient with Google Drive/Applications or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Product development experience required
- Knowledge of retail math
- Ability to interact and manage varying personalities
- Strong product sensibility and understanding of competitive retail landscape
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for business
- Ability to problem-solve creatively to meet the needs of the business
- Strong communication skills: clearly articulate ideas through both verbal and written communication
- Collaborative approach – team player with initiative and drive
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of experience in retail buying and merchandising