Shoppe Amber Interiors is seeking an Assistant Merchandiser(Home Furniture)to join our team in Calabasas, CA. This position is responsible for the development and execution of merchandising strategies including product assortments, vendor relationships, pricing negotiations, and inventory turnover to drive revenue growth and achieve margin goals. The ideal candidate is ambitious in nature, manages priorities, comfortable working in cross-functional teams, organized, and passionate about the brand and the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing and updating internal systems in regard to product information (i.e. sku creation, product cost, pricing, backorder dates, availability status, etc)
- Purchase order management including vendor set up, creation, revisions, maintenance, cancellations, and tracking. Also responsible for researching and resolving discrepancies between Purchase Orders and Vendor Invoices
- Communicate with fulfillment team on PO receiving, vendor quality issues, and seasonal launches
- Follow up with vendors to ensure timely delivery of products; Responsible to maintain planned receipt flow and communicating any issues that arise.
- Manage samples: Responsible for all samples management, product photography lead sheets for e-commerce photo-shoots & for samples to be delivered.
- Track logistics of merchandise and independently troubleshoot shipping problems.
- Manage incoming and outgoing vendor communications in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor database, contact list, and related department records.
- Complete data entry for day-to-day product management.
- Establish positive vendor relationships to obtain the best pricing and terms
- Support buying team review and validation of images to be displayed on our digital platforms.
- Drive continuous process improvement through ongoing identification & resolution of photography planning challenges & opportunities, with internal and external partners.
- Maintain awareness of competition relative to product value relationship and customer profitability within category
- Manage e-com assets, responsible for ensuring product is online at correct price, merchandised correctly, copy is correct.
- Understand the different roles of the cross-functional team and how they relate to the Merchandising role, and foster relationships to efficiently drive collaborations.
● Educational Requirements
○ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
● Previous Years of Related Experience
○ 1-2 years in a Retail Buying or Merchandising role
● Specific Skill Requirements
- Strong understanding and experience using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to think strategically as well as manage the day-to-day responsibilities
- Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task
- Open-minded and positive attitude with the ability to partner cross-functionally and grow relationships
- Must possess strong business acumen, and the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions the support the business strategy and critical objectives
- Must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
- Organizational and time management skills; must have an ability to manage deadlines
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- NetSuite experience is a plus