Assistant Merchandiser, UGG Women’s Footwear - North America DTC
Reports to:Senior Merchandiser
Location:Hybrid (Goleta, CA 15-20% of time)
The RoleThe Assistant Merchandiser is a positive problem solver who can deliver thoughtful assortments and communicate ideas effectively to cross functional partners. You will assist the Senior Merchandiser with the creation and management of the UGG Women’s Footwear assortment for ecommerce and retail channels. You will also work with Planning & Allocation, Supply & Demand, Marketing, and Site Merchandising to assist in developing, executing, and communicating the strategic vision for the Women’s Footwear business. You are organized, reactionary, curious, and ready to juggle a variety of projects and relationships in order to support the strategic objectives of the brand.
We celebrate diversity--of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.Your ImpactThe primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior Merchandiser in assortment building and driving results to support the assortment
- Analyze business weekly in order to make recommendations to the Brand for future business growth and react to current business trends
- Assist in the merchandise selection process, placement of orders, and execution of vision in-season in both retail and ecommerce channels
- Build relationships through effective collaboration to provide timely direction and communication to all cross functional partners
- Self-motivated and curious about business drivers and trends
- Confident expressing opinions backed with data
- A competent contributor with a positive, growth mindset
- Ability to prepare and present information to cross functional team members
- Knowledge of current trends and able to translate to the UGG brand
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- 1-3 years’ experience in a retailer/ecommerce company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.