The Assistant Merchandiser provides operational and strategic support to the Merchandiser, and working alongside the buying team will review and react to performance using key trade levers in order to help achieve the department targets.
What you'll do
- You will analyse trade performance to identifying best and worst sellers, and taking action in order to maximise sales opportunities.
- You will monitor intake into the business, supporting the MAA to identify opportunities or risk and take relevant action.
- You will support the Merchandiser and Buy team curing seasonal strategy planning, reviewing lessons learnt for your Dept and presenting to senior management.
- You will oversee store rotations and management of stock movement to ensure our stores amaze customers, working closely retail, VM, operations and buying.
- You will coach and develop your direct report as well as inspiring your wider merchandising team.
- You will support the merchandiser during end of season markdown, working closely with the MAA to collate feedback from brands to inform our MD strategy.