Assistant Merchandiser, Ecommerce
The Merchandising Analyst is responsible for managing and executing the GC.com merchandise marketing strategies and preparing a detailed analysis of specific promotional performance results in ensuring delivery of assigned channel sales goals. This role will collaborate closely with category marketing managers and merchants to establish consistent strength in our product presentation in alignment with the overall GC Brand strategy.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Manages and executes the day-to-day operations of the promotions. Requires close collaboration with Enterprise Merchandising, Inventory Management, Platform Operations, Contact Center, and Customer Service teams.
- Analyzes the performance of merchandising offers & promotions to constantly increase the effectiveness of those offers via EDW reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with merchandising team to ensure all brand initiatives are in alignment and relevant to promotions and product assortments.
- Leverage Adobe analytics to analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising, customer experience, and product category assortments.
- Ensure promotional collections are relevant SKU assortments to improve customer experience, increase engagement and performance.
- Conceives and recommends new merchandising tactics and promotions.
- Partners with Enterprise Category Marketing Managers to develop top-performing promotional strategies based on detailed analysis of current and past promotional collections and eCommerce marketing best practices.
- Proof all GC.com promotional merchandising collateral for accuracy.
- Partners with cross-functional teams, such as UX, Platform Operations, and Creative Services and focuses on providing superior category shopping experiences.
- Partners with Enterprise Merchandising and Marketing to brainstorm, create, and plan regular promotional and business-driving events for key product brands.
- Partners with Marketing Partnerships and Enterprise Merchandising, on the planning and execution of Co-Op marketing promotions.
- Works closely with Digital Marketing team to ensure effective product-merchandising reach in all channel marketing initiatives.
- Ensures we are first to market with all major new products and product launches in tight coordination with Enterprise Merchandising, Retail Marketing, and Inventory Management.
- Develops new techniques of analysis that are used to micro-target sub-sets of the business that need improvement.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The Guitar Center Company embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
The Guitar Center Company operates through several business divisions. Guitar Center is the world's largest retailer of guitars, amplifiers, drums, keyboards, recording, live sound, DJ, and lighting equipment, with more than 290 stores across the United States. 2014 marked the milestone 50th anniversary of the Guitar Center Company as the organization continues to help people make music from coast to coast.
E-Commerce brands Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and WWBW offer online sales of a broad selection of music products. The Music & Arts division operates more than 220 stores specializing in band & orchestral instruments for sale and rental, serving teachers, band directors, college professors, and students since 1952. AVDG and GCPro headline the enterprise audio-visual integration business, delivering a best-in-class commercial and residential customer experience.
To Join Our Band, You'll Need The Following Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience), preferably in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- 2 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably in direct marketing and/or eCommerce merchandising
- 1 year of experience working in the Musical Instruments (MI) industry (retail, call center, MI manufacturer/supplier, etc.)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills, including knowledge of Pivot Tables, v-lookups, and advanced formulas, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate understanding of backend eCommerce systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, ATG, etc.
- Intermediate understanding of digital marketing platforms (such as Adobe Omniture) with a focus on web metrics (traffic, conversion, AOV, top of funnel/bottom of funnel, etc.)
- Understanding of data warehouse reporting using tools such as MicroStrategy, Sherlock SQL, etc.
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Lovethisgigandwanttoapply?Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to[email protected].