Assistant Merchandiser- International
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.Job Description
Assist the Merchandising team with the goal to support company objectives and enable growth and profitability in the International division. Obtain knowledge of Skechers product lines. Become a detailed systems expert in order to accurately prepare and organize reports. Effectively communicate with International partners to help support their business. Creatively offer new ideas and solutions to help increase sales.Essential Job Results-
Daily and weekly duties:
- Prepare and organize weekly reports to be distributed to International partners
- Assist Merchandisers on preparing product assortment tailored to international partners.
- Help to create business hindsight by assisting merchandiser with business recaps, seasonal bookings, and company initiatives.
- Assist with product and samples needs.
- Assist in maintaining and updating linesheets and Key Initiative packet from product division – monitoring for adds / drops / reductions.
- Responsible for compiling and emailing weekly product info to partners
- Help analyzing sales and booking reports for assigned divisions and be able to recognize shortfalls / opportunities by country.
- Manage sample status for multiple countries and make Merchandisers aware of issues
- Work with customers when they come to our showroom for product meetings – this includes report preparation prior to visit, as well as assisting with samples, recaps, etc to ensure meetings run smoothly.
- Assist with managing SMU program – development files / samples / pricing / email communication. Work cross functionally with the development team, international analyst team, as well as merchandising and the customer to ensure all information is being maintained and communicated accurately and efficiently.
- Help with projects as assigned by Merchandisers
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrate high level of quality work focusing on specific attention to details.
- Ability to work independently, but also convey successful team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in times of changes, evolving business needs and shifting priorities and adaptable in a multi-task environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems proactively
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of fashion related work experience
- International experience a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.PHYSICALDEMANDS-
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pay range for this position is $65k - $75k / year.