Assistant Merchandiser, Nautica/Lucky Brand
The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for providing organizational support to the Merchandising team and partnering with their Merchandiser on the running of the day-to-day business. The Assistant Merchandiser leverages organizational & analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals.Responsibilities
- Maintain data integrity both in systems and published documentation (including AS400, Master Files, and Seasonal Line Sheets).
- Assist with Meeting and Market Prep: Responsible for checking in samples and organizing them for SRS meetings, working with the Production team to follow up on missing samples. Prep materials for cross functional meetings (including color swatches, reference samples, updated line sheets).
- Manage samples: organize samples for meetings and photo-shoots, maintain closet archive, prepare sample sale boxes
- Competitive Analysis: Monitors industry product and pricing trends by evaluating competition both in-stores and online; propose ideas to help drive our business based on findings.
- Spearheads development of new packaging- facilitates the creation of new labels, hangtags and marketing by partnering with cross functional teams
- Photo Shoot Process- partners with PD, Marketing and Sales to ensure image requirements are being met within the required time frame.
- Identifies white space opportunities to help influence seasonal assortments and execute pricing strategies
- Bachelor’s Degree; focus in Fashion Merchandising or related field
- 1 to 2 years industry experience
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must possess strong business acumen and the ability to quickly assess a new environment while developing solutions that support the business strategy and critical objectives
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate a point of view
- Sense of urgency, flexibility, ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply retail math concepts
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to self-manage and define priorities of the department/business
- Ability to work in a professional, fast paced environment where priorities can shift daily
- Open-minded and positive attitude with the ability to partner cross-functionally and grow relationships
The salary range for this position is $58,500 to $70,000 annually. Pay is based on several factors, including but not limited to position offered and work experience. In addition to your salary, SPARC Group, and its affiliated brands, offers a benefits package, including 401(k) plan, overtime pay, flexible work schedule and a generous employee discount program (all benefits are based on eligibility). Additional information regarding the benefits for this position can be found in the Benefits Guide that is available from our Human Resources Department.
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).