Assistant Merchandiser, Soft Accessories
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Collaborating closely across the Merchandising team and with cross-functional peers in Sourcing, Planning, Product Development and Design, the Merchandising team initiate and own the end to end process of managing a product range. Operating in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, we are recruiting an Assistant Merchandiser to join the Soft Accessories team to support the development of the strategic plan for this product category. Soft Accessories includes Scarves, Capes, Headwear and other soft accessories.
- Prepare and analyse sales reports on a style, fabric and colour selling level using excel to inform future design development
- Manage all PLM data entry to ensure delivery and prices in all currencies are all up to date
- Conduct competitive analysis including pricing analysis to drive pricing architecture guidance for the collection
- Owning sample management process (Tracking & Ordering)
- Partner with the corporate pricing team to understand price-bands across the three core currencies and report back findings to the Merchandising team; maintain data to support the price structure in PLM
- Assist in preparing the seasonal range plans for design in conjunction with the merchandising team
- Assist in preparing and presenting the quarterly sales hindsight decks
- Organise and coordinate collection notes and buying guides
- Assist in the global buying process with the regional teams
- Coordinate and support all administration duties relating to market training for the Merchandising team
- Support with seasonal store training documents
- Deliver any ad hoc administration and assistant duties to ensure smooth running of the team
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Previous Product Merchandising experience, within a Luxury brand is preferable
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Passion for commerce/product
- Demonstrates commercial instinct and taste level
- Ability to present comfortably
- Retail maths skills
- Collaborative team player
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9030 || n/a ||