Assistant Merchandiser – Women’s Bottoms, Shorts & Outerwear - Outlet
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
In this role, you will develop, execute and drive inclusive merchandise strategies that delight the customer while meeting or exceeding the financial goals of the business. As the commercial backbone of the product development process, you will work closely with your cross functional partners using customer insights, market data and business performance to bring great products to market that amaze and delight our customers. You will own the product-level P and L, drive results and closely monitor the health of your categories ensuring product and assortments are commercially-viable and drive profitable growth. You are accountable and empowered to see things through the end.
This role is located in the New York office and requires you to be in the office on a regular basis. Pursuant to Gap Inc.'s policy, as of September 7, 2021, all employees who wish to enter Gap Inc.'s San Francisco Bay Area, New York, and Albuquerque office buildings will need to be vaccinated, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability or for a sincerely held religious belief.
What You'll Do
- Achieve and drive merchandise assortments that meet global, digital and regional customer needs aligned to the overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings
- Correspond with Design, visual Merchandising and Production partners on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market while keeping a customer inclusivity and belonging lens
- Review seasonal investment strategy by market with Inventory Management to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected
- Identify business opportunities and risks in season through analyzing and communicating sales performance gathering marketplace information
- Able to communicate difficult concepts in a simple manner
- Participate in projects and assignments of diverse scope
Who You Are
- Strong strategic and analytical ability
- Driven for results with strong financial acumen
- Excellent verbal and written ability; Adept at presenting information and storytelling
- Ability to align with, collaborate and influence cross functional partners and peers
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner