Assistant Merchandising Manager
The Wondery mission is to be a sustainable outdoor lifestyle brand dedicated to liberating women in the outdoors through awareness, resources, and the creation of a women’s outdoor community. Wondery is one of the fastest growing women's outdoor brands with the specific niche to empower women in the outdoors. We empower the new age female vagabond by creating our products for women first, by women first.
Wondery is seeking a full time position for an Assistant Merchandising and Sourcing Manager located in Chatsworth, CA. The Assistant Merchandising and Sourcing Manager will assist in developing merchandising plans and operational systems to achieve financial objectives and to deliver assortments that meet customer and distribution needs. They will use sales and trend analytics to develop strategies for different merchandise categories to optimize product assortments. They will also assist the development and production team to source manufacturers, factories, vendors, and more for the best terms.
We are seeking to hire for this position this September.
- Measure supply and demand of products, ensuring the delivery of products that exceed expectations and guarantee growth
- Create trend reports using STR data and report findings and conclusion to the development team
- Act as a cross function leader for all product categories
- Manage the global merchandising strategy for all product categories
- Responsible for the successful execution of a line plan of assigned product categories, that deliver our design vision in addition to sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals across all channels
- Responsible for the successful execution to drive the delivery of our omni-channel product assortment and digital growth strategies
- Responsible for the product lifecycle and go to market process of assigned product categories through effective teamwork and partnership with product teams
- Lead the seasonal line planning process and style count in partnership with Design, Development and Planning for seasonal alignment
- Drive pricing architecture for the assigned product categories, collaborating with other Development and Production to ensure consistency across the brand
- Partner with all cross functional teams outside of Product including Global Brand & Community, Strategy, Operations Excellence, and Supply Chain teams to ensure the design vision is delivered to our guests
- Inform Design team (at key internal milestones) with strategic insight and identify additional product assortment or business growth opportunities
- Assist the production team in sourcing manufacturers, factories, vendors, and more for the best terms, using the requested fabrications and other specifications lined out by the design team
- Negotiate with vendors for best pricing and best terms
- 2-4+ years in the Apparel Industry in a Merchandising Position
- Vertical retail experience required
- Digital or physical product portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate CAD skills for technical and construction detail sketches & related art using Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office software & PLM Systems
- Must possess strong knowledge of design and color theory
- Must possess strong knowledge of costing, garment construction, pre-production and production coordination.
- Ability to handle several tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment.
- Full time
- Hybrid (In office in Chatsworth minimum 3 times a week, as well as WFH)
- 401K with matching
- Employee Purchase Discount
- Sick Days
- Paid Adventure Days
- Employee outings (lunch, dinner, hiking, climbing, escape rooms, bars, and more!)
- Employee camping retreats
- Health & Wellness Allowance